Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Perfomance Lag Issue?

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
All your drivers seem to be up to date.
Your main drive is highly fragmented still at 24%. Anything over 10% I consider bad.
Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 39 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Tony Stovall
posted this 19 Feb 2012 08.03pm.
as a NEW TOPIC on this link
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

I have a decent computer. Just to say that. Ok, well basically I like to play games on my laptop like most people. And I genuinely play the same games (not browser based games) like online installed games. My computer hasn't had problems running games from the start and I know that my graphics card isn't the best in the world but the problems have appeared out of no where.
So I know its most likely not my drivers and specs that are the problem, not outdated not meeting requirements. I've deleted partition completely restarting my OS (Windows 7) and the issue persists. I've defragged multiple times. A few other things. So its not a virus I reinstalled my OS the virus would have been gone.

THE PROBLEM: --> First off on one of the games I first noticed that a black box (its a little transparent and 3D) appeared in the background of the menu of the game. Unusual. Outlines of objects in motion on the screen seem to pop off of the object, if you get what I mean. And then theres the lag during everything. NO matter what I'm playing if its the simplest looking 3D game ever my computer will lag..? Why the [bleep]?
I'm sorry if I wasn't very explanitory. But I tried to keep the text as simple as possible.

Tony Stovall

Your new topic has been closed.
Please continue here on this one.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Tony Stovall

1. Referring to the post
16 from my colleague rshaffer61 - what is the present state of fragmentation.
as it appears to me that last time you ran a defrag it still 24%.

2. Additionally and not of great importance now, is that you left this thread in midstream, so to speak, as indicated by my colleague in his post 17.

3. I am not qualfied to advise or indeed make any asessment on Malware. Only trained Malware experts may do so on this site GeekstoGo in the Malware forums.
However what I can tell you is that this:-

I've deleted partition completely restarting my OS (Windows 7)

If you refer, to other then a REINSTALL, as a fresh installation, is NOT a guarantee that if you were infected, you are NOT now. (In fact even that is NOT in some circumstances)

4. Send a NEW Pitstop report please.

5. I am NOT certain if the reinstallation ( restarting) is a further ONE for this new topic you started that has now been moved here, or if it refers to the same
reinstall as referenced on this thread - where you are reading this. - Please clarify that point.

6. From your LAST Pitstop you have this installed

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Please be advised that the last installation Windows 7 needs or indeed any other operating system is a GAME BOOSTER program.
If the computer cannot run the game with a sufficient quantity of RAM, a suitable graphics engine and a sufficiently fast processor then there is NO GAME BOOSTER program that is going to make it do so - SAFELY and effectively.

I have had a quick look at the Game booster - it tweaks your system to provide maximum speed for games.
I find it quite frightening.
It either does very little and is a pure gimmick OR it does alter start configurations for services, kill various processes, alter values in registry keys etc - in an attempt to work the impossible miracle. which is - MAKE the computer more efficient for gaming SAFELY and with NO RISK

Additionally to that iobit does not have a good reputation
DO you still have it installed.?

7.. Finally WAS this problem ever resolved when you LEFT this topic last November. If so HOW and when did it start again please.

Tony Stovall

Tony Stovall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Tony Stovall

1. Referring to the post
16 from my colleague rshaffer61 - what is the present state of fragmentation.
as it appears to me that last time you ran a defrag it still 24%.

2. Additionally and not of great importance now, is that you left this thread in midstream, so to speak, as indicated by my colleague in his post 17.

3. I am not qualfied to advise or indeed make any asessment on Malware. Only trained Malware experts may do so on this site GeekstoGo in the Malware forums.
However what I can tell you is that this:-

I've deleted partition completely restarting my OS (Windows 7)

If you refer, to other then a REINSTALL, as a fresh installation, is NOT a guarantee that if you were infected, you are NOT now. (In fact even that is NOT in some circumstances)

4. Send a NEW Pitstop report please.

5. I am NOT certain if the reinstallation ( restarting) is a further ONE for this new topic you started that has now been moved here, or if it refers to the same
reinstall as referenced on this thread - where you are reading this. - Please clarify that point.

6. From your LAST Pitstop you have this installed

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Please be advised that the last installation Windows 7 needs or indeed any other operating system is a GAME BOOSTER program.
If the computer cannot run the game with a sufficient quantity of RAM, a suitable graphics engine and a sufficiently fast processor then there is NO GAME BOOSTER program that is going to make it do so - SAFELY and effectively.

I have had a quick look at the Game booster - it tweaks your system to provide maximum speed for games.
I find it quite frightening.
It either does very little and is a pure gimmick OR it does alter start configurations for services, kill various processes, alter values in registry keys etc - in an attempt to work the impossible miracle. which is - MAKE the computer more efficient for gaming SAFELY and with NO RISK

Additionally to that iobit does not have a good reputation
DO you still have it installed.?

7.. Finally WAS this problem ever resolved when you LEFT this topic last November. If so HOW and when did it start again please.

Sorry for double post and long time to reply my laptop hasn't been available (not allowed to use) for some time. No the issue was never resolved I just though that I would start fresh with a new topic. And when I was referring to deleting my partition(s) and reinstalling my OS, that was not recently I was referring to the last time I had did that which was in September or so and I had did it before that as well.
But. I think I have a big lead in the problem,
I recall that a few months between October and November, I let a good friend of the family repair my keyboard because I had spilled something on it. NOTE: - "MY COMPUTER WAS RUNNING COMPLETELY FINE BEFORE REPAIR AS FAR AS I CAN RECALL"
I wouldn't consider him an ametuer though. He repairs more severe problems in laptops and basically anything electronic. My guess is maybe or somehow he
bumped something loose forgot to do something, messed something up, I don't know, when he was working on it inside the laptop. but, I don't know you would have to take a laptop apart to replace the keyboard? Sorry that I just thought of this after sometime. If I can't somehow fix it soon I'll just give it back to him or something maybe a warranty I have. I'll go ahead and give up thanks for the help.
No worries its completely fine resolve other problems. Thanks you guys are pretty tech savvy lol....

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well, obviously the choice is yours.

I am not a gamer.
I do not play them.

All I ever use is Microsoft Flight Simulator Professional
(Still cannot fly the 747 manually, lucky if I can even get off the ground)

HOWEVER unless the keyboard is used in the games you play and there is a key or keys sticking, that have not been noticed in general use of the caps lock and shift and Enter etc., I very much doubt it is the keyboard AND if the only problem is in those games and NOT in intensive graphics operations outside of the games, I aslo doubt it is the graphics or the unwanted wash the computer received.

My best advice, at this time is to try all the keys, in a word document etc and ensure non are sticking, especially those you use of course in the game, if as I said you do.
Then I would try loading the graphics and take it from there.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Tony Stovall

Do you have any update for us on your topic.
How did you progress with the problem please.