Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

95 Compatibility Issue?

• Please log in to reply

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Hey all...my friend's son is 21 but is autistic and has ordered some games that are for younger children, but it looks like they are from the Win95 years. His computer runs XP and has NEVER been connected to the internet...same as you would for a 3rd grader. I have tried to install these 2 games using the compatibility feature on the properties tab, but I am getting a message that the file cannot be found, even though I am trying to start it from the explorer....so I can see that it is there on the CD drive.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated as my little buddy is desperate to have these games installed asap!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You can give DOSBOX a try. I don't know if it allows Win95 games or not but it's worth a try.

ShoalBear

ShoalBear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Yikes! I was hoping it wouldn't be that option~ LOL Oh well....I will try that...and if not, we are going to have to get him some updated games for Christmas!