But can it really find 125 problems that MSE, MWAW, and SAS can't?
No one product catches it all. You still have Babylon issues if you are interested in cleaning please read on:
My nick name is CompCav
and I will be assisting you with your Malware/Security problems. Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any questions or you are unsure about anything, just ask and I will help you out. If you have resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please let me know so that this topic can be closed. I am currently still in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert so please expect a delay between my posts.
Please make sure you are saving and printing the instructions out
prior to each fix, this way you will have them on hand just in case you are unable to access this site. One of the steps I will be asking you to do requires you to boot into Safe Mode
and this process will be much easier for you to perform if the instructions are printed out for you to follow.
If you are ready to get started, please review and follow these guidelines
so that we resolve your issues in a timely and effective manner:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instructions that I give you. Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. These instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. However, the one thing that you should always do, is to make sure your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Just do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file inside your post and submit.
- You must reply within four days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic. PM me only if I have not responded to your last post in 2 days.
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to ultimately reformat your hard drive and reinstall the operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Please have the software and storage media for backing up your data available.
( 1.8mb ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply Step 2.
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Post both logs
Do the following:
Start -> Run
Disk Management will open.
Click and hold the right side of the Disk Management Window and drag it to the right until you can see all the columns.Take a screen shot
of the Disk Management Window and attach the screen shot to your reply.Step 4.Please Post:aswMBR log
Extras.txtPlease attach:ScreenshotHow is your computer performing? What issues are you having?