Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop freezes all the time

• Please log in to reply

Nithin Kamath

Nithin Kamath

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I guess my laptop has been infected with a virus. I had connected my friend's external hard disk to my laptop and my antivirus ESET NOD32 detected many viruses. Although those viruses were 'cleaned' by the antivirus, ever since my laptop has started freezing a lot. Because my laptop has the 2nd gen intel i5 core, the boost monitor appears on the screen. I noticed that when my laptop crashes, the boost monitor shows that the laptop clocks to a value WAY above the limit. Like it goes up to 25, 30, 37 GHz etc (normal clock limit is 2.9 GHz). It happens some 15-20 minutes after the laptop has started. What can I do to get my laptop back to normal?

P.S. I had taken a few files from the external hard disk, which includes Price of Persia and Need For Speed Carbon. After the installation of these two games, it's started crashing

Avast shows that Win32.Walivun was 'stopped' by it as soon as the laptop showed the desktop after rebooting.

Advertisements