Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

External Hard Drive only Partially Recognized

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Fujitsu Handy Drive that I was using to store iTunes music/ movies. After iTunes crashed while it was writing to the drive, the drive hasn't worked correctly. (I'm running Windows XP.)

It immediately slows down my entire system when plugged in, and then is sporadically recognized in "My Computer." As soon as I try to click on it, it again slows down everything and may or may not proceed to next step.

Check Disk utility crashes when I try to run it on the drive, and Fujitsu Diagnostic program shows the drive as an option (without a serial number) but doesn't allow me to select it to run a scan.

Is there any hope?