Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell PP07L shuts down right away

• Please log in to reply

Chronic1553

Chronic1553

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I have a Dell PP70L and the computer is shutting down about 5-10 seconds after its turned on. Nothing comes up on the screen either. I have taken it apart and cleaned it out.

Thank you.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi Chronic1553
Can you at any time hear the CPU fan working?
http://support.dell....mal.htm#1084976

Chronic1553

Chronic1553

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes it is running, I also have noticed that the caps lock indicator light flashes.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Have you tried running with only the battery fitted or the battery removed and only the AC adapter connected?

Chronic1553

Chronic1553

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yea I have tried that, same thing. The only thing that seems to change anything is if I boot it with out the ram sticks in it, the caps lock indicator does not flash.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Try connecting the laptop to an external screen to see if you at any time you get a display of any kind.
What you describe happening is a common symptom of overheating which can be caused by a bad CPU fan, poor TIM application, dust and a bad power supply.