From explorer right click the drive and select Properties
Select the Tools tab
Select Check Now
Tick both boxes in the next dialogue
Could you also take a screenshot of your disc management to ensure that drive is not the master
Do the following:
- Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
- Click on the System and Security link.
Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.
- In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
- When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.
After a brief loading period, Disk Management should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.
Note: If you don't see Disk Management listed, you may need to click on the |> icon to the left of the Storage icon.