Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Desktop Keeps turning off or restarting

• Please log in to reply

kanada1702

kanada1702

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello
I have a GA-MA78GM -s2h Motherboard with a AMD 64x2 5000+ processor, 4gb ddr2 ram. at first i was using an exterior Gard radeon hd 4350 512mb. it al started a couple of weeks ago when i was watching a movie in HD and the Desktop just restarted, ok no biggy just started watching again. after couple of days it happend again and again and more often somtimes 3-4 during a movie. know even during just web browsing. so i am guessing somethings over heating. Moaybe the Gcard so i removed it and pluged in hdmi on the motherboard know i computer barely starts up and turn off. (Not resarts anymore but just turns of). Has anyonre had the same problem. I have a feeling that it is the PSU( win power 750 ATX)

Advertisements

kanada1702

kanada1702

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i am running on win 7 ultimate 64bit

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi kanada1702
So you are aware I have closed your duplicated topic to avoid confusion.
A guide to PSUs to trust and PSUs to avoid http://www.10stripe....d/psu/brand.php
Ensuring that you have good clean and stable power is a must and if there is one thing as dangerous as a known poor quality PSU it is one you have never heard of, try a known good PSU first and let us know how it goes.