Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

afd.sys BlueScreen Help

• Please log in to reply

rKNotty

rKNotty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This problem has been the baine of my life for the past 2 months!!

On a specific type of laptop (Tosh R700) I am getting a afd.sys bsod (driver_left_locked_pages_in_process) and I can't fo the life of me figure out exactly what is causing it or how to fix it.

Firstly I thought it was something to do with the VPN client (as it only seemed to effect PC's with that installed) but now looking at the minidump files a file from the McAfee Link Driver is in the error state when the bsod happens.

Any help would be awesome!!

I can't seem it upload the minidump file though...

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You need to zip the minidump/s then upload the zip file/files.

rKNotty

rKNotty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Zipped Minidump attached...

Attached Files

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
That dump indicates mfehidk.sys is the probable cause, which is part of McAfee Antivirus.

How often do you get the BSOD? You could try uninstalling McAfee and replacing it with Microsoft Security Essentials, which is what I use on all my computers as well as all the computers I work on.