Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flashing pixels on monitor

• Please log in to reply

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Ok i got it now...Thanks...Apparently i didn't manage to take the PSU today and i will have it for sure tomorrow or monday...I will let you know what happened

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Ok thanks :thumbsup:

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I didn't manage to get the corsair so i installed a silver stone 750 watt which suppose to be better than the corsair...The temps didn't change....i haven't yet see the boxes...

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
The boxes still here :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I didn't manage to get the corsair so i installed a silver stone 750 watt which suppose to be better than the corsair...The temps didn't change....i haven't yet see the boxes...

That is a matter of opinion but not a common one, see http://www.10stripe....d/psu/brand.php
PSU brand issue apart you now have a good display correct!

Can you provide us with updated screenshots of both Speedfan and HWMonitor readings please.

Sorry you post again whilst I was typing :blush:

Edited by phillpower2, 18 December 2011 - 08:13 AM.

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i didn't mean the brand was better but the specific model of psu...wait for screenshots

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
here they are

Attached Thumbnails

• ????? ?????.jpg
  • 1.jpg

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i noticed one more thing when i use a heavy program(a game etc)Cpu temp falls to 40-50 immediately and core 0 incrases to 80 more slowly.....when i stop the program cpu temp goes again to 80 and core 0 is going to 40 slowly

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

i noticed one more thing when i use a heavy program(a game etc)Cpu temp falls to 40-50 immediately and core 0 incrases to 80 more slowly.....when i stop the program cpu temp goes again to 80 and core 0 is going to 40 slowly

This is the exact opposite of what would normally happen which is very strange.
Couple of things for you to do 1: Can you make sure that the CPU fan has not been attached upside down so that it is actually drawing heat towards the heatsink and CPU as opposed to drawing the heat upwards and away from the heatsink and CPU, if you can provide us with the heatsink and CPU details brand name etc so we do some research on them. 2: Open Speedfan, untick the Automatic detection box and manually increase all fan speeds to 100, let us know if the temps drop. 3: Have a look @ http://forum-en.msi....?topic=109858.0 it will give you an idea of how to use Speedfan to get the best cooling.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
please excuse me jumping in here but could you get gpu-z here...
then launch both cpu-z and gpu-z...click on sensors tab and put a tick in
continue refreshing this screen while in the background
pup them side by side and then minimize both...play a game for 5 minutes or so ...pause or stop the games and as fast as you can bring up both cpuz and gpuz and get a screenshot for us

Advertisements

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I played for 10 minutes a battle in total war shogun 2 on ultra settings

Attached Thumbnails

• ????? ?????.jpg

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Sorry phil didn't see your reply....My cpu is intel core i5 2500 3.3 GHz...The heatsink is the one i got with the cpu...the heatsink (bad english i can't explain it)the thing that says intel on the fan is not looking down or up is looking left....about the speedfan i have tried it many times but nothing

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i noticed one more thing....then only fan i can control with speedfan is the cpu...even if i have the other 3 100 or 0 nothing changes

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No worries KostasPAP
I have been reading the reviews @ http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819115072 and the amount of complaints regarding the poor quality of the heatsink supplied with such a good CPU is shocking.
If it is ok with you I will wait for happyrock to come back to you regarding the screenshots he requested.

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
ok.