Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD on new computer Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

Arno333

Arno333

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Unfortunely as many others here I am experiencing some issues with my new system. The first blue screens occured while i was overclocking due to having wrong settings the system is stable now running at 4.4Ghz (System specs are in my profile) although voltage might still be a tad high, I got the following results while stressing in prime95: 1.296-1.312v. However since then i've experienced multiple BSOD's in several applications. I think the problem is the ntoskrnl.exe file since that one seems to be involved in pretty much every BSOD. I'l copy paste a bluescreenvieuw report and whocrashed. I hope someone here can help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Bluescreenvieuwer report
Spoiler

Whocrashed report:
Spoiler

Advertisements

Akabilk

Akabilk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
ntoskrnl.exe That's an important kernel file. Some other file is causing it grief (probably a buggy driver).

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The first blue screens occured while i was overclocking due to having wrong settings the system is stable now running at 4.4Ghz (System specs are in my profile) although voltage might still be a tad high, I got the following results while stressing in prime95: 1.296-1.312v. However since then i've experienced multiple BSOD's in several applications.

Reset everything back to default and see if the issue resolves itself.

Arno333

Arno333

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The first blue screens occured while i was overclocking due to having wrong settings the system is stable now running at 4.4Ghz (System specs are in my profile) although voltage might still be a tad high, I got the following results while stressing in prime95: 1.296-1.312v. However since then i've experienced multiple BSOD's in several applications.

Reset everything back to default and see if the issue resolves itself.

I reseted everything back to default and so far so good. However I didnt buy an I2500K to have it run on stock speed do you have any idea what i've done wrong in the OC ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just from your original post you admit the voltages may still be a little high. Try setting them a step lower and see if it will run stable then.

Arno333

Arno333

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ye, i see alot of people running like 4.6/4.7 on rougly 1.3v but i'dont understand how this can cause instability to my system though. Gonna give it another go this weekend see if i can get 4.4 on 1.25v thanks for the help i'l post back when i get the results.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The question is are those other people running the exact same hardware setups as you?
Same motherboard, CPU, PSU, Video and exactly the same memory?