A couple of months ago I had a virus (Win32/FakeSysdef) that was removed with the help of a forum expert elsewhere. The virus caused me to lose internet connectivity early, and although the virus has been eliminated, the connectivity problem remains. I have XP SP3 and use a Netgear G54 wireless adapter connected to an AT&T 2wire router using WEP. Here are symptoms and what I remember trying:
- Netgear's software shows that I'm connected to my network, but will not resolve a DNS address.
- Windows' wireless status shows limited or no connectivity.
- I disabled and re-enabled the wireless adapter - no change.
- I re-installed the Netgear drivers - no change.
- I replaced the AT&T router - no change.
- All other computers can connect to the router.
- I can ping myself, but cannot ping anything else in the network.
Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me!