xp home security 2012 and it's evil siblings [Solved]
Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:41 PM
Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:12 AM
Run OTL again
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
- Click button named None first
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open OTL.Txt. This file is also saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of this file and post it here to me
NOTE: This fix is custom made for this system only and for current system state! Don't try to run it on another system!
Please close all running programs and Run OTL
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
- Post the fix log it produces in your next reply or you can find it in C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
Try to install your software after this.
Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:44 PM
OTL logfile created on: 12/19/2011 7:42:44 PM - Run 2
OTL by OldTimer - Version 126.96.36.199 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Downloads
Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 3 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.18702)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy
2.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 1.50 Gb Available Physical Memory | 75.01% Memory free
3.34 Gb Paging File | 2.98 Gb Available in Paging File | 89.29% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): C:\pagefile.sys 1524 3048 [binary data]
%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 55.88 Gb Total Space | 24.29 Gb Free Space | 43.46% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Drive F: | 7.60 Gb Total Space | 4.23 Gb Free Space | 55.68% Space Free | Partition Type: FAT32
Computer Name: MELANIE | User Name: admin | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: Current user
Company Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: Off | File Age = 30 Days
========== Custom Scans ==========
< HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf >
"" = @SYS:Software\Swearware\dump
< End of report >
Edited by melanie11127, 19 December 2011 - 06:48 PM.
Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:47 PM
========== OTL ==========
========== FILES ==========
========== REGISTRY ==========
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf\\""|"" /E : value set successfully!
OTL by OldTimer - Version 188.8.131.52 log created on 12192011_194602
Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:30 PM
I asked Microsoft for help, here's their answer...
I understand that your unable to download Money sunset get as you get an error message "The AUTORUN.INF file is missing or corrupt".I apologize for the late response to your query and for the inconvenience caused.
Melanie,the issue you are facing is out of our support boundaries we are not aware of the troubleshooting steps to fix this issue, for better resolution on this issue we request you to access Microsft Money support website : http://support.micro....com/kb/2118008 for further assistance.
Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:43 AM
I tried to read about your software but there is not much info because it's discontinued as you already sad .
The best way for now is to open new topic in Applications because there should be someone to help you more then I can.
Your logs and system are clean now. I'm glad we fix up your computer. We need to clean up your PC from programs we used.
Please start OTL one more time and click CleanUp button. OTL will restart your system at the end. Remove all other application we used to clean your PC.
Here are some recommendations you should follow to minimize infection risk in the future:
1. Enable Windows Update
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
- Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them option.
- Click OK button
2. Delete Temp files
Download TFC to your desktop
- Open the file and close any other windows.
- It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
- Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean
3. Make Backups of Important Files
Please read this article Home Computer Data Backup.
4. Regularly update your software
Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:53 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users