Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System 32 corrupt missing but XP boot cd blue screen erro

• Please log in to reply

Phil147

Phil147

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My XP SP3 machine was working fine yesterday. I turned it on today to get a message saying the System 32 setup file was corrupt or missing. It then said to press 'R' using the xp installation disc.

So I put the XP install disc in (SP1 & ive tried SP2), changed the boot order to run from CD. I get to the blue screen where it starts to load windows then I get the blue screen of death 0x0000007B (0xF78D663c, 0xC0000034 then 2 lots of all zeros.) So then I found a post which told me to go to Drives - SATA - Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA". I did this and this time it got me to the point that i could press repair. I pressed 'R' then it started to do something for about 10 seconds then I got another blue screen, this time 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x0000000x, 0x00000000, 0xE1686000). So Im guessing my registry is corrupt some how, but is there any way to repair the registry when I cannot get windows to load at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phil

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi and :welcome: Phil147

Please download ARCDC from Artellos.com.
  • Double click ARCDC.exe
  • Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. Please pick: Windows Professional SP2 & SP3
  • You will be prompted with a Terms of Use by Microsoft, please accept.
  • You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.
  • Next you will be able to choose to add extra files. Select the Extra Files.
  • Please copy the codebox below into the text area.

C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

• The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC
Your ISO is located on your desktop.

Then follow the Repair guide @ http://www.geekstogo...air-windows-xp/ courtesy of Admin