Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new larger hd and ghost

• Please log in to reply

Namflow

Namflow

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I bought a larger hard drive and installed it into my computer. It is double the size of the original hd in my computer. I initialized and formatted the drive and named it "L". I then used Norton Ghost 15.0 to copy my original drive ("C") onto my new drive ("L"). It took an hour and a half to complete the copy. Now when I look at drive L, instead of "file folder" under type, it says either "eula.####" or "install.res.####.dll". Is this a bootable drive? Did I do something wrong? Thanks

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You need to clone the drive NOT just copy the drive to the new one.
Cloning will create an exact duplicate of the drive and should make it bootable.

Namflow

Namflow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I thought that on Ghost 15.0, copying the drive is the same as clonging it. They do not have a clone option on Ghost 15.0. Is there another way to do this on Ghost 15.0? Thanks

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I did some searching and found that Norton labels cloning a drive as copying. The other thing I found is that there will be issues if you have already partitioned it and give it a drive letter. I guess they want it to be a uninitialized drive.