Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Not Getting Input from Processor

• Please log in to reply

EMK67

EMK67

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone. I found this site while trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer, I don't know a helluva lot but hopefully someone here can help me please.

My computer has been somewhat malfunctioning recently and i've gotten by, but now it seems I can no longer even get it to turn on.

My issue started with my screen freezing...I would restart my computer and all would be fine for a while. Then it lead up to recieving no VGA input - saying so on my monitor - but would eventually work. At this point in time, that is all it says, 'VGA: No Input Signal' and 'HDMI: No Input Signal', (I have typically only used my blue VGA cord but have tried my HDMI cable and that has the same result.

I have done some research and have tried quite a bit to get it to work, such as reseating, trying new monitor, cleaning etc., but to no avail. What is happening in my tower when I turn it on is the fans run, my GFX card fan runs constantly, but the main fans run for about 5-10 seconds then slow down and stop. From the research that i've done i'm hearing that the cause is a bad motherboard, but I figured i'd ask for my personal situation.

Here are my specs (I believe they are correct).

HP p6320y Windows 7 64bit

Motherboard - Pegatron M2N78-LA
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 820/2.8GHz
Memory - 8gb DDR2 SDRAM (4)
PSU - 300Watt Bestec
Video Card - Integrated -- Nvidia GeForce 9100
- Installed -- Galaxy GeForce GT520

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and also any input on what I should do/get to fix my problem. Thank you.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

PSU - 300Watt Bestec

This is the reason why, your PSU is to small for what your computer really requires. The default setup with the integrated Video might have been enough but now with your Gt520 it is not strong enough. Often brand names like Dell HP ect will only give the minimum PSU for your computer to work and any upgrade will make it insufficient. You would need a minimum of probably 450Watt, safe 500Watt and best 600Watt

Since your PSU is not strong enough it sometimes does not deliver enough constant power to your video card to initialize it so the reason for your signal No Input.

Edited by Alzeimer, 16 December 2011 - 06:36 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
To add to what Alzeimer has already said using an underpowered PSU also damages other components by starving them of the correct power they need.
After putting your PC specs in this example PSU calculator it returned the following recommendations; http://www2.corsair....lse&vc_oc=False