Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sending email to one specific email address

• Please log in to reply

LOJIKGLOS

LOJIKGLOS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello

Saturday afternoon I seem to have developed a proble sending emails from my hotmail account to one specific email address the other side of the world.

I ahve had no problems historically sending this person emails
saturday comes and I keep getting the [email protected] -This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed. MESSAGE

I have no idea why this may be happening as I thought even if the person didnt want to email anymore the message would still get through?

I can send emails to any other address and I can receive emails from my hotmail account to my yahoo account no probleme and I am still receiving emails from anyone and everyone to my hotmail account

I nee dto sort this out if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

cheers
lojikglos

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi lojikglos and :welcome:

I have no idea why this may be happening as I thought even if the person didnt want to email anymore the message would still get through?

That's true, as long as the account is still active. If the user or his email provider disabled the account, it will bounce as though the account does not exist.

So you need to verify the address is correct. Note his email provider could have disabled the account for several reasons. One reason may be the account was compromised by a badguy and used to send spam.