Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer had some stuff deleted

• Please log in to reply

amyarline

amyarline

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got a virus or something through AIM and I went to the instructions on how to delete it on this web site. I did step one where it said to clean things and now my computer is really messed up. If anyone knows how to fix this the help would really be appreciated. I can no longer access my start menu, or see anything tabbed on the bottom. Also when I bring up internet explorer I cant see the file edit etc. menu's. The computer is now very slow and a list of other things. Please help me if anyone has any advice. Thanks

Advertisements

Jedi

Jedi

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Could you post a HijackThis log please? Click HERE to download newest version if you haven't got it.

Download the file to root drive c:\.
Click start\control panel\folder options\view
In the hidden files and folders section, select "show hidden files and folders"
De-select "Hide Extensions for known file types"
De-select "Hide protected operating system files"

Select Scan and save log
A log will open up over the program, right click and "select all" then copy, then paste it into a reply back here for analysis.

thank you.