Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Status Monitor has stopped working

• Please log in to reply

nigella

nigella

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
here is the problem details

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: sst3csm.exe
Application Version: 1.1.0.12
Application Timestamp: 4e11d0ae
Fault Module Name: sst3csm.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.1.0.12
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e11d0ae
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00043bed
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 3d51
Additional Information 2: 76d833e94b78118849fe57a80c6b30ad
Additional Information 3: d69c
Additional Information 4: a5928acbbbc359a9e51862ee9815044c

I have a samsung CLP-32w printer that would not print from my laptop. I have installed samsung's universal driver and it now prints, but, I am still getting the popup Printer Status Monitor as stopped working, any ideas on how to stop it ?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Interesting. A Google search for sst3csm.exe shows just 1 hit, this thread. :blink:

Have you scanned for malware?

Try this - go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall "Maintenance Samsung install". Then run the driver install program again, but make sure you select the custom option and install the driver only. Hopefully that will work.

Daniel Deyette

Daniel Deyette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Working on my Asus UL20A Ultraportable laptop I had the EXACT same issue and I'm confident this is likely the same solution for everyone.

I followed Digerati's step (which took forever removing and reinstaling and there is no advanced option I can see on the latest driver).
DID NOT HELP.

I then went back to the samsng drivers page. There, about 3 items down was a file with the name "smart panel".
I had already installed the basic driver with no printing luck, but I figured maybe it didn't like the standard windows print spooler software and needed it'sown smart software. I was right.

Installing the smartpanel fixed my issue.