Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD 0xF4

• Please log in to reply

Arcterious

Arcterious

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Getting a blue screen of death outa nowhere. My computer was running slow, I hadn't downloaded anything for a few days or installed. I decided to reboot. Even streaming was laggy. On reboot, it stayed at the loading screen for about 10 minutes. I reboot and try again, normal boot. It black screens, not sleep. Try again with last known config. It black screen sleeps the monitor. Again, last known. Runs a disk check I believe, freezes at 39% for about 40 minutes, no files being read, rebooted again. Got past it this time to around 44% where I last seen it, both of these on the 2/3 check. Got the BSoD. The STOP says:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x86C37020, 0x86C3716C, 0x82072AB0)

Normal type of reboots/config will show the BSoD without rebooting. Trying to boot in safe mode automatically reboots before seeing the msg. I tried replugging and blowing out the circuits, tried removing the battery just in case for around 20 minutes, I think that's all. I think I tried another boot option which also didn't work. I also don't have any format CDs if that is the only solution, if there is one. Ill just buy them if I have to. I have a 2006 Gateway. The rest of the specs that I can remember are in my thingy.

I've looked around at some of the topics posted and the only thing I found that can possibly help me is the sticky at the top, but atm I don't have any CDs at hand to burn to. Maybe tomorrow. So I hope to get some feedback and maybe get this resolved. Perhaps there should be a sticky topic with each type of error and a way that it has been solved before, as to cut back on unecessary topics like this one.

Edited by Arcterious, 24 December 2011 - 06:25 AM.

Advertisements