Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd player not responding while copying a dvd to pc

• Please log in to reply

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Help please i have brought a new compaq notebook with 3gb ram and 320gb hard drive. But i think i have damaged my pc's DVD DRIVE BY inserting some scratched dvds into it several times now when i insert a new dvd into it it behaves strangely it hanges the time i start copying files to pc and then produces sounds of movement of lens moving back and forth i am totally confused with this rude behaviour. whenever i try to eject the dvd out of my drive it says the programme is not responding. Can i think its an common problem and it is okay or something ........ thanks for help in advance

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If it's new return it. A new computer should not have any problems.

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks brother butt how can i make sure that tiger is coz problem with my dvd drive is tiger coz way to find out

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Can i be able to find that their is some problem or not

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
It doesn't matter what is wrong. The point is it's a new computer, there should not be anything wrong. That's why I said return it for a replacement.

As for seeing if the DVD drive is having a problem, use a known good CD or DVD that works in another computer or CD/DVD player. If it doesn't in this computer work then there is a problem and tit should be returned for a replacement.