Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spooler exe error only with pdf print

• Please log in to reply

clip

clip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HP laserjet 1022 new Dell with Windows 7 - Adobe Reader X & old Dell with XP - Acrobat Professional 7 & Adober Reader 9

error is occuring on both pc's when using Adobe (doesn't matter whether Reader or Professional)

results are nearly identical:
spooler stops or hangs
have to delete spool files
as admin have to restart spooler

Problem started several weeks ago and mysteriously went away. Started again today when I had to remove ink cartridge (to shake redistributing ink).

Strangest of all, after deleting files and restarting spooler, can sometimes print from Word ok but the flakes out when back to printing .pdf

Printer is not shared but manually connected to pc that needs to print. Reinstalled Acrobat Professional with no improvement.

Could it be the printer malfunctioning? If so, how could I diagnose?

Any and all input appreciated.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi clip and :welcome:

Could it be the printer malfunctioning? If so, how could I diagnose?

The fact it does this while physically connected to two separate computers is a pretty good diagnostic test, and indication the printer is the culprit.

I note there are 3 models of the 1022 (1022, 1022n, 1022nw). If the USB only model (1022) I would try another USB cable as they can be damaged fairly easily. If one of the networked models, I would try going through your network - that's much easier and convenient than swapping cables anyway and less confusing for the USB controllers.