Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icons and Taskbar gone!

• Please log in to reply

Sarah Farwell

Sarah Farwell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently installed Blackberry software which also contained Roxio software. After installing the computer re-booted. Windows log on screen was visible but with an error of RoxWatch9.exe error.

I'm able to log on to Windows but the only thing showing is my wallpaper. No icons, no taskbar. I can get task manager up but when I click on new task to type a command it doesn't recognise any commands and either says path invalid or there is no programme associated with this file. Tried explorer.exe and it can't find it and tried system restore from task manager but again can't find the file. If I click on browse, My Computer icon has no picture next to it.

I've tried to transfer files from my other computer but just get the same message of "there is no programme associated with this file"

Booted in safe mode and still have the same problem

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisements

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
try Using the Repair Function in the installer Disk Of windows