Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program files

• Please log in to reply

Sking0

Sking0

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Hi.
If i open program files folder in My computer/local disc (c:) the folders in there are in alphabetical order.
If i click 'start' and hover over 'All programs' the list comes up but the programs are not in alphabetical order.
Is there a way to sort this out ? I want the programs in the list to be alphabetical.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
There are two ways to do this

1- Go to 'All programs' and right click on any of the programs and choose the option "Sort by name" this will partially sort your list sorting the programs with submenus first then the ones without after.

2- Manually move your programs in the 'All programs' one by one in the order you want (left click hold and drag them to where you want them to be listed)

Edited by Alzeimer, 26 December 2011 - 05:37 PM.

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Thanks very much :thumbsup: