Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OpenMG secure module / error 1706 loop?

• Please log in to reply

mbendle

mbendle

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I use windows XP sp3, IE8, 4GB ram, MBAM, Superantispyware, spywareblaster, puran defrag, security essentials...

Today, I tried to move video files from "my videos" on my C: to an external drive... freeing up some disk space on C:

I got into a loop that went like this

1. OpenMG secure module box with "please wait while Windows configures OpenMG secure module"

2. OpenMG secure module box with "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removeable disk that is not available. Insert the 'openMG secure module' disk and click ok" with a line to enter a source

3. OpenMG secure module box with "error 1706 no valid source could be found for product. The windows installer

4. OpenMG secure Module Installshield Wizard box with the "finish" button lit up. Click it, and we begin again.

The boxes layer over each other, and I can't end the cycle without going to the task manager and ending the tasks...

As I recall, this has been an intermittent problem since we installed the software for our digital camera, but seems to be only a problem with videos taken with the camera. We don't do much video with the camera, so this isn't a problem that we suffer through often...but if you can help me to fix it, so much the better!

Ready? GO!

Advertisements