Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need to install microsoft windows recovery console

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Use the link in post 6 to get the recovery console as Macboatmaster instructed. Install RC as instructed as a boot option. If done right when you reboot you will have two options to chose from on boot.
Windows or Recovery Console.
You have not replied to my suggestions in post 28 and I would appreciate the logs so I can look through them.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
greenwarrior

We are going round in circles here on this thread.

You have now sent me a PM asking me would I please answer the question in your post 30

I have answered the essence of the question a number of times. To TRY and help you AGAIN

1. YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE RECOVERY CONSOLE FROM THE ANY MICROSOFT WEBSITE.

2. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE RECEOVERY CONSOLE FROM EITHER OF THE TWO LINKS I SENT YOU IN MY POST 2. however, NEITHER OF THOSE LINKS PROVIDE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING THE RECOVERY CONSOLE ON THE HARD DRIVE, as the normal use of the recovery console in those links is for when Windows will not load and the recovery console is run from the CD.

The reason they did NOT provide the instructions for installing the recovery console to the hard drive was because YOU did not ask that until your post 5.
From your post 5.

Actually I have a few doubts in this topic, Isnt there anyway to download recovery console and install it without a CD.

3. On my post 6. I provided for you the usual method of installing the recovery console

If you have the XP CD and it is a CD that includes the recovery console - the answer is YES of course.

If you are using it for an XP installation that will not presently load the answer is NO.

Once you have XP working you can install the RC as a boot option.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

4. You replied

What I want to know is isn't there anyway to install recovery console without copying it to a CD

After sometime we then ascertained that you DID not have the Microsoft XP CD or apparently any XP CD eg: from an OEM installation, so you could not use the method in my post 6 which does not of course include copying it (the recovery console) to a CD, as it is already on the XP CD and is installed using the command I sent you, in my post 6.

5. I then sent you, as you did not have an XP CD another option for installing the recovery console. IF the XP Installation on the computer was done in such a way that it included the necessary files in a folder named i386
That was in my post 16.

6.In post 17 Ztruker sent you ANOTHER way of installing the recovery console.

7. Since then YOU have repeatedly failed to make any real progress, as you have apparently NOT even tried the suggestion by my colleague Ztruker. AND you have repeatedly failed to even acknowledge the posts from my colleague rshaffer61.

I recommend, as I did on my post 29

Re your Personal message, asking why I have LEFT YOU.

I have not as such left you, I am still subscribed to the thread and receive a notification of all posts on the thread.
However on such a relatively simple matter it is confusing to you and unnecesaary from our point of view to have more than one person assisting you.

My colleague rshaffer61 is vastly experienced in these matters and you will be IN EXCELLENT hands with his assistance.

You should follow his advice.

Had you have done so and indeed had you followed the advice given throughout the thread, this issue could have been resolved a long time ago.
EVEN if the answer was that with your setup and the resources to hand - you could NOT successfully install the recovery console as a boot option.

In which case, with very minimal effort you can have the recovery console readily available on a CD and if that does not enable the recovery sufficient to allow Windows to load, then a full backup on an external hard drive, is more or less, the number ONE method of ensuring that complete disaster does not occur, if something causes Windows to fail to load and it cannot be repaired, by one of the many methods available.

FINALLY, I have spent longer on such a simple issue as yours, than on many far more complicated matters.
I have with regret decided that this will be my last post on the ONE issue.
That is NOT to say that I will not assist you, should you at anytime raise another Topic on a different problem.

FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF MY COLLEAGUE rshaffer61

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi,
I now need not install recovery console on my PC but I want to run it from a CD directly. For this shall I use the method in post#1(thecomputerparademic.com/rc.iso). Do I need to exactly use the program in this link

http://sites.google....-console-for-xp

OR can i use any burning software.
Thank you for helping me upto this stage.

Edited by greenwarrior, 10 January 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I'm sorry, but I am going to step in for a second here and ask this;
Why are you so reluctant to follow the advise of rshaffer61 and run WVCheck and MGADiag?

Also, you posted a link which is broken.

Regards,
Olrik

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi,
Someone helped me out with this,thanks.
You can close this topic.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
First off, thank you for posting back that your issue is resolved.

Though I do not understand why you ask for Geeks to Go staff to reply but post back saying someone else has helped you.
And on top of that you try to dodge certain questions asked by our staff.

I feel this has been a bit of a waste of our time. Nevertheless I will lock the topic.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me or any other member of the Geeks to Go Moderation Team.

Regards,
Olrik