Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse issue

• Please log in to reply

abrahams child

abrahams child

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
i'm running windows 7 and never reinstalled the printer upon a upgrade from xp. a goolgle search said with windows 7 all you needed to do was plug in the usb cable for your printer. it recognized the printer. i plugged it in but it was having an issue printing because it did not have the windows 7 driver. i went and downloaded the driver but then my computer shut down on it's own. upon restart my wireless mouse does not function. it tried rebooting several times to no avail. i even tried booting in the safe mode with the same results. i even replaced the mouse battery and unplugged/replugged the mouse also. what could be the problem

Advertisements

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
the issue has been resolved. please close this post. thank you.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

the issue has been resolved. please close this post. thank you.

Hey! This is a place of learning - for all! Not just you. How about sharing the solution so that others may benefit from your experiences too?

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
it drove me nuts trobleshooting with a different mouse even changing the battery in the mouse. i tried the connect button button on the bottom of the mouse with success. some how when the system decided to shutdown on it's own it popped the "breaker" to the mouse. something i should have checked first.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I do note when you remove batteries, you often have to perform the connect process again. Interference from other Bluetooth devices and other electronics (microwave ovens, TVs, etc.) can cause a loss connection too.

Thanks for the followup.