Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Technical Error

• Please log in to reply

Huscurian

Huscurian

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Geeks to Go!,

I'm new to this forum but hopefully will find some specific answer regarding this type of error: uncorrectable hardware error

The following STOP information is:

STOP: 0x00000124, 0x00000000000000, 0xFFFFFA800E8C8028, 0x00000000BE200000, 0x000000000005110A

The error only happened when I played the game Dawn of War II Retribution on the Eldar Campaign. For some strange reason, I can browse online on the web for hours and not get an error; however, when I play a game, the blue screen error will come up randomly without letting me know what's going on. Is there anything I should know about that error and how to correct it? It seems to me I might have a solid state drive failing right now and I couldn't update it through the CD I burned with the .iso file. Not so sure if it's updated right now.

Please let me know if there's any information or help on how to resolve this "uncorrectable hardware error"! It is very annoying to go off on a war quest and then suddenly have to reboot and try again!

I don't want to live in fear! I want to be happier knowing my custom build isn't riddled with random errors!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi, welcome to GeeksToGo.

Download and run WhoCrashed. It will look at any mini dumps stored in C:\Windows\minidump and give you a summary of what may have caused the BSOD. Copy and paste that summary here so we can look at it.

Huscurian

Huscurian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wow! Thanks for that program dude. Here is the copy of the dump file info that WhoCrashed produced:

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: ROG-HAF932
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 17079574528 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1938567168

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 12/31/2011 5:08:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123011-29858-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF80003694C40)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800E8C8028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .
Google query: Unknown WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown .

On Thu 12/29/2011 6:04:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122911-14944-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800DAD5028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/27/2011 9:24:46 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122711-16114-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800DABD028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 12/25/2011 5:30:54 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122511-18688-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (fltmgr+0x2A9D)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001157A9D, 0xFFFFF8802304DE20, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sat 12/24/2011 2:00:26 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122311-17316-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x664C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x8D, 0x39B90F, 0x510000, 0xFFFFF6800007460B)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 12/23/2011 4:18:32 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122211-14461-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x664C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000367D4F1, 0xFFFFF88007DB6210, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 12/22/2011 4:53:28 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122111-17113-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFF800036B84C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800DAB8028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)

Let me know if you need anything else and I hope that the error gets detected and found out to be resolved early.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
When you play the game, you are probably pushing your video card pretty hard which you don't do when browsing the web.

The first thing I would do is check for an updated driver for your video card.
Also check its temperature using a program like SpeedFan or HWInfo64.

It would also be a good idea to test your ram with Memtest86. Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

Boot the CD and run for at least 3 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that.

Huscurian

Huscurian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

What program do I link it to? ImgBurn? So I just right-click on the .iso file, click "Open With" then select ImgBurn? Or something else?

Just recently I had a Driver_State_Failure error. It seems that some of my drivers aren't updated. I have two SSDs (OCZ Technology Vertex Plus) and downloaded an .iso. I simply downloaded the .zip file, extracted it to desktop, burned it through ImgBurn to a new CD, then attempted to reboot. Turns out the .iso file won't read at any time or won't tell me if the SSDs are updated or not. It is said in the readme that once it passes the POST screen, it'll ask to update the drivers on either SSD (I must do two runs to select both of them). Now I'm stumped.

To be honest, I'm not really knowledgeable about .iso files but I'll try my best to do what I can.

As for Memtest86+, I've downloaded it, will add it to a CD and hopefully it'll run as indicated. I'll let you know more about how it goes. Here's the WhoCrashed recent error for you:

On Sun 1/1/2012 5:05:25 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123111-32994-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800D6E4680, 0xFFFFF80000B9C3D8, 0xFFFFFA800D608730)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

On Sun 1/1/2012 5:05:25 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800D6E4680, 0xFFFFF80000B9C3D8, 0xFFFFFA800D608730)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123011-29858-01.dmp

On Thu 12/29/2011 6:04:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122911-14944-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800DAD5028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You start ImgBurn, then click on Write Image File to Disc. Navigate to where you downloaded the iso file and select it.

Boot the CD and test your ram.