Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant connect to internet after removing the xp 2012 virus

• Please log in to reply

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Hey,

Nice to hear it's running well. With the display adaptor, can you get back to me with the following info please and I'll see if it needs any attention :)

• In Device Manager, double click on the VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP which has the exclamation point. On the General tab, there will be an information box that's titled Device status. Can you copy and paste what it says in this box please.
  • Also, is your screen resolution still looking normal, e.g the text hasn't gone back to being really big?

Advertisements

Irissh

Irissh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
The text is fine. The device status is: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Hmmm it seems the graphics drivers were either not the correct one's or they didn't install properly last time. If you aren't experiencing any problems with the graphics it may be better to just leave it as it is, only because the first time your PC went wrong after installing Windows there was a strong possibility it had something to do with the graphics drivers.

Do you play any PC Games on this machine and also could you check to see if flash videos, like on YouTube, play without any problems and then let me know please.