I did another check of TDSSkiller's results, and see that cdrom driver was not likely a malware trick after all. But not seeing what is causing ComboFix to hang yet.
Go to Start Search, type cmd.exe
in the Start Search box. Cmd.exe will appear at the top of the Menu. Rightclick on it and choose "Run as administrator". At the prompt copy/paste the following, pressing Enter after each:sc config cdrom start= system
You should get a "Success" confirmation. Then just type exit and press Enter to close the command window.
Let's see if other scans lead us to some problem sources.
Open and update Malwarebytes.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform quick scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by Malwarebytes and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in Malwarebytes.
* Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply. If it calls for a reboot to complete the repairs do that as well then.
Disable your antivirus program and click here
and download the esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe
Eset installer. Then click that file to run the scanner.
Scan unwanted applications
Next to "Current scan targets: Operating memory, Local drives", click the "Change" word. Make sure you place a check next to all disk drives, including any external drives that are attached (no need to check off the floppy or DVD/CD-Rom drives).
Then click the Advanced
option, the place a check next to the following (if it is not already checked):Enable Anti-Stealth technology
Click Start. This scan may take a while, so please be patient.
If infection is found, at the end of the scan click "List of found threats".
In that display, at the bottom, select the option to save the results as a text file, and save that to your desktop. Post that back here please.
Post that log and the Malwarebytes log please.