Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Am I in over my head?

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Let me start by saying I'm a college student half way into my associate degree in Computer Networking. So I know about connecting computers, and fixing computers, but less about actual applications. A potential client called me today (I just fix things on the side through friends and family)and I asked about going paperless and few other things. They use quick-books pro 2007. I told them I didn't know much about quick-books but I would research it and let them know if I could do it. They wanted to:
A. Make a template of their invoice
B. Be able to assign invoices to a color coded calender
C. Be able to click on the calender, and just hit print to print out the addresses and invoices of the people assigned to each day
D. Pay bills
E. Print checks.
They are willing to buy/learn new software if its better or more suited for this. Understand I'm not asking you to do my job, I'm just wondering how hard it is to learn to do this stuff (I have maybe 2-7 days to learn it). I'm not totally lost, (its a little embarrassing) but my mom knows how to work quick-books for the most part. I'm a pretty fast learner in my opinion, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Any ideas/suggestions on if I should try it? I mean quick-books is pretty substantial software so I will need to learn it sooner than later either way, but I'm still a professional and have to be honest when it comes to people's businesses.
Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations to other software. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Quickbooks will do all of that with the possible exception of B and C which something this may be able to satisify:
http://workplace.int...sinessscheduler

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Thank you, I can't wait to try this out! I didn't know they even offered this.