Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to change wallpaper on Windows 7 starter?

• Please log in to reply

colonelsas

colonelsas

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
My mini laptop which has the "Window 7 starter edition" does not allow me to change my desktop background.
I bought this laptop not knowing the limitations of this version but its a bit stupid of windows to not permit this, can someone help me out please.
Thanks

Advertisements

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hello There,

There is no personalization for Windows 7 Starter. However, you can get around this very easily by downloading Oceanis; it's safe, it's free and has been a solution for so many people with the same problem as you. Here is the link: Oceanis Change Background

When you have downloaded it you will be able to change the desktop background and there is aslo an optional desktop slideshow (shuffle).

Hope This Helps