Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Altermatives to Lion and iCloud

• Please log in to reply

Wyrfox

Wyrfox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alrignt we all know Apple is going to shutter MobilMe in a few weeks, but when I look at the iCloud requirements I must be running Lion for the system to work. Big issue I have many custom aps that need Rosetta to run on intel macs, I even have a few PPC macs that work great. I understand that Steve Jobs didn't think MobilMe was great and it isn't,but it is good at what it does. Mail and stored files are available everywhere easily. Storage is not free, but not expensive and the annual dues are fair. iCloud promises to be cheaper, but not when I must buy new machines and OS software and loose more than I gain. No Way. So does anyone know of an alternative that will still work for me. I am most concerned about mail, file storage, and would like to back-up itunes and ibooks to a common site.

Advertisements

THX1136

THX1136

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Have you tried Dropbox? They offer free space to new users and by inviting friends to sign up you can get more space free. They also offer more space at a price. I think you get 2 gig for starters. Nowadays not a lot, but if you've got a lot of friends you can earn another quarter gig (I think) for each one that signs up.