My apologies for the delay. Let's try a few things to see if it will help. 1st: Ccleaner
if you don't have it already.
Install and use with the default settings.
Click on the
button in the left hand column.
- Click the Analyze button at the bottom left. Once finished, click the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right.
- Repeat till "0" bytes are removed.
Ccleaner includes a Registry cleaner, and we advise not to use this or any
registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.
Modifying registry keys incorrectly can cause Windows instability, or make Windows unbootable. No registry cleaner is completely safe and the potential is ever present to cause more problems than they claim to fix.
Registry cleaners cannot distinguish between good and bad. If you run a registry cleaner, it will delete all those keys which are obsolete and sitting idle; but in reality, those keys may well be needed by some programs or windows at a later time. 2nd:
Download TFC (Temporary File Cleaner) from here
if you don't.
to run it.Note:
If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
TFC will close all programs
when run, somake sure you have saved all your work before you begin
- Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
- Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
- Please do not be alarmed when the desktop disappears. It will reappear on reboot.
- Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.
Once TFC is finished it should
restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer
yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.3rd: Disk Cleanup
This will reduce the number of unnecessary files on your hard disk to free up disk space and help your computer run faster4th:
Windows does provide a tool to defrag your system which is found in System Tools
though I prefer to use Auslogics Disk Defrag
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.
- It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
- It will actually show you what it is doing
- At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
- You can view an online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Try installing iTunes again and let us know the results.
Edited by DonnaB, 08 January 2012 - 06:51 PM.