Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error installing itunes

• Please log in to reply

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi
im getting this error while intalling itunes
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP074.TMP\

Edited by rshaffer61, 08 January 2012 - 10:44 AM.
Removed Malware log: Not used in this sub forum

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Gonzalo,

My apologies for the delay. Let's try a few things to see if it will help.

1st: Ccleaner:

Download Ccleaner if you don't have it already.

Install and use with the default settings.

Click on the Posted Image button in the left hand column.

• Click the Analyze button at the bottom left. Once finished, click the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right.
  • Repeat till "0" bytes are removed.

NOTE:
Ccleaner includes a Registry cleaner, and we advise not to use this or any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

Modifying registry keys incorrectly can cause Windows instability, or make Windows unbootable. No registry cleaner is completely safe and the potential is ever present to cause more problems than they claim to fix.

Registry cleaners cannot distinguish between good and bad. If you run a registry cleaner, it will delete all those keys which are obsolete and sitting idle; but in reality, those keys may well be needed by some programs or windows at a later time.

2nd: Download TFC (Temporary File Cleaner) from here if you don't.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, somake sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

• Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
  • Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
  • Please do not be alarmed when the desktop disappears. It will reappear on reboot.
  • Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

3rd: Disk Cleanup This will reduce the number of unnecessary files on your hard disk to free up disk space and help your computer run faster

4th: Windows does provide a tool to defrag your system which is found in System Tools though I prefer to use Auslogics Disk Defrag.

• It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
  • It will actually show you what it is doing
  • At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
  • You can view an online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

Try installing iTunes again and let us know the results.

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 08 January 2012 - 06:51 PM.

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi
thx for helping!!
well i did what you say but the itunes error still on....

thx
g

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Gonzalo,

You're welcome! :)

Let's rule out that this is a possible HD problem. The best way to test your HD is to go to the manufacturers site. If you are not sure who the manufacturer is of your HD go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > choose properties > choose Hardware tab

If you'd like, let us know what you find and we can get the link for you to test your HD.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi guys
i did the SMART test and both of my hd pass with no problem
i did it with seatools for windows
thx & cheers
g

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Gonzalo,

Lets get a look at your computer management. Please do the following.

Click Start > Run and type in compmgmt.msc

Under Storage click on Disk Management.

Stretch your screen out to Full screen so we can see the Free Space. Take a screen print and please attach the screen print into your next post.

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok here it is
thx
g

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Gonzalo,

Apologies for the delay. I'm concerned about that error you are getting and I wanted to discuss this with a couple of our experts.

Could you give me the exact error message that you are receiving. If there's a way you can get a screenshot that would be perfect.

Also, since you already have Ccleaner installed, please do the following:

• Please open Ccleaner and click on the Posted Image icon.
  • Click on the Posted Image button.
  • Once the list is populated click on the Posted Image button in the lower right hand corner and save it to your desktop.

Please copy and paste the startup.text log in your next reply along with the exact error message that you are receiving.

Thank you! :)

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi
i did what you said and here is the error message and the startup file...
by the way many thxs for the help i really apreciate
cheers
g

erroritunes.png

Attached Files

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Gonzalo,

I've translated the error message from your native tongue to English and placed it in the code box below so other members that I have consulted will not have to:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package iTunes.msi 'in the box below.

From what I see, the program is trying to install to the wrong file path. By default the correct file path should be:

C:\Program Files\iTunes

Click on the little dropdown arrow next to C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP074.TMP\ under utilizar origem: and see if the default path is there as an alternate option. If not, see if you can create the default file path manually.

You can also follow the path below and delete that file that is causing you problems:

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\LocalSettings\Temp\IXP074.TMP<--problem file

If more are found, go ahead and delete them as well.

Try to install iTunes again and let me know if you have any success.

Edited by DonnaB, 15 January 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi
well i follow the path and i dont have that file...thats why cpu cant find it i have instead IXP241.TMP i think it was someting to do with previous instalation of itunes... i didnt erase this file...also try with that but error still on...
many thx
g

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Gonzalo,

Go ahead and delete the IXP241.TMP file.

You have XP OS, correct? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Let see if the following program can find the previous installation of iTunes so we can rid your system and start over. That could be cause for the problem you are having.

Please download Revo Uninstaller Pro (30 DAYS FREE TRIAL) and save to your desktop.

• Double click RevoUninProSetup.exe icon on the desktop and click Run
  • Click OK in the Select Setup Language box.
  • Click Next>
  • Select I accept the agreement and click Next>
  • Be sure the install location is C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro and click Next>
  • Make sure that Create a desktop icon is checked and click Next>. (you may uncheck any other option if you choose)
  • Click Install
  • Make sure that Launch Revo Uninstaller Pro is checked then click Finish

A page will be displayed with all your installed programs.

Look for and click on the icon for the program that you would like to uninstall and click on Uninstall in the menu at the top.

Please reboot your computer.

You may want to do the same with QuickTime then reinstall the latest version.

Try to install iTunes again. If you get any errors please let me know if it is the same error as in your first post. If it is a new error please post that error.

Edited by DonnaB, 16 January 2012 - 05:50 PM.

Gonzalo Avel

Gonzalo Avel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi
first im sorry for been away...i did what you said last reply and.....its DONE many thx it works fine updated to latest itunes and no problem
many many thx

cheers
g

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Oh that is great to hear! :)

And you are very welcome!

Happy listening..... :happy: