Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game crashes, Bsods, crash to desktop and comupter generaly not workin

• Please log in to reply

Simon Ali

Simon Ali

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Helo guys since i got this computer like a year ago it have not being working verry well, I orderd this custom pc without anny software on it so i got all the soft ware my self well can anny one read this crash and tell me how to deal with the error.

On Mon 2012-01-09 22:01:53 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini010912-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nv4_disp.dll (nv4_disp+0x103A2D)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFFBD115A2D, 0xFFFFFFFFA79D8B28, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nv4_disp.dll
product: NVIDIA Windows XP Display driver, Version 285.58
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows XP Display driver, Version 285.58
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA Windows XP Display driver, Version 285.58 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nv4_disp.dll NVIDIA Corporation KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Sorry for bad english and probly missplaced thread

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi and Welcome -
Sorry that this reply is a bit slow, but things have been busy and several people are still on holiday
It looks like a problem related to your Nvidia Graphics card, but this will give more detail -

Please download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 12 January 2012 - 11:42 PM.