Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I oredr my Favourites?

• Please log in to reply

markbell

markbell

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a number of urls listed in my favourites folder. In the folder itself (C: documentsandsettings/owner/favourites) they are all listed alphabetically yet when I open internet explorer and open favourites they are not in strict alphabetical order.

How can I change this??

Thanks.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Just right click on any one of the listed favorites and select "Sort by name" !!

Murray

markbell

markbell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

Thanks, but they are already listed by name in the actual folder but this doesnt seem to translate when I open favourites in IE. I copied the favourites file from my other pc (sams OS)

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Which "favorites" are you clicking on?? Not the one in the Taskbar across the top right??

Use the one where the "back"; forward; stop; etc is located..

Click on it to open it.. move the mouse down to highlight any one of them.. right click and "sort by name"..

Murray

markbell

markbell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
That's the one I am using. When I open the folder and highlight one and right click there is no option to sort by name.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Going to give myself a slap alongside the head.. :tazz:

Use the one on the very top.. where it says File, Edit, etc.. Click to open.. highlight and right click on a "favorite".. "Sort by name"..

Murray

markbell

markbell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Genius! and so simple!!! :tazz:

Thank you!