Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Secure Link to iTunes Store failed

• Please log in to reply

Charles Holly Lipsey

Charles Holly Lipsey

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Windows Vista SP2, Since last fall (2011), we have been unable to connect with the iTunes Store. We ran the iTunes diagnostics and every time we get "Secure Link to iTunes Store failed"; "Connection attempt to firmware update server was unsuccessful.
The network connection timed out." We have done everything suggested by iTunes, and more. We uninstalled, reinstalled, made sure our MS updates were installed, made sure our firewall settings gave access to iTunes, checked the LAN settings in Internet Options, reset the internet settings, and someone mentioned looking for a particular file (cant remember the name) but we did that and it wasnt on our computer. Another mentioned that we might need to reinstall MS Windows, but this problem is also on our laptop... however, the iTunes on the iPad works. We downloaded a "MP4 to MP3 converter" but I am not sure that was before or after this problem started. I also got a Droid phone about this time, I have tried turning it off and then accessing the store, We also have a wireless router.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisements

Charles Holly Lipsey

Charles Holly Lipsey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
... turning off the droid phone didnt change anything...

Charles Holly Lipsey

Charles Holly Lipsey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just updated the firmware and it still doesnt work.

Charles Holly Lipsey

Charles Holly Lipsey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
just cleared my c:windows/system32/etc/host file. rebooted and it still doesnt work.

scottaj

scottaj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently been having a similar issue. I believe the problem is currently being caused by an iTunes website security change. The thing that worked for me was to log on to http://myinfo.apple.com. Then log in there and update all of your security details. Then I logged into the apple support forum and was prompted with another page. Upon completing this and restarting iTunes I was able to access the store again. Let me know if this works for you