At startup I noticed a pop-up window start-up while Combofix was preparing a log. It was the same pop-up that popped up like 20 consecutive times when I had a virus.
If you have not please reboot one more time. Do you still have this pop-up? If so what is the exact message?
One thing to add, I think this infection did something to my sharing permissions. I can't enable file or printer sharing on my computer anymore. Whenever I enable it, it doesn't save and is still disabled when I go back and look.
We will work on this when we enter repair mode.
Re-run OTL on your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- Select Use safelist under Extra Registry
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Post both logs
Answer my questions about pop-ups!