Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recording A Cell Phone Call

• Please log in to reply

ryevick

ryevick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a BOSS PS-5 Pitch Shifter pedal I use with my guitar and I want to use it to prank call/play a joke on someone I know :ph34r: (haha... you'd have to know them... and I'm really bored)... anyway I want to record it on my Olympus VN-4100PC Voice Recorder... I bought a Radio Shack Wireless Phone Recording Controller 17-855 on ebay to record it but the problem I'm having is the headset I have has 2 1/8" output cables... one for the microphone and one for the headphone/ear. I need to be able to run the mic cable through the pedal (1/4" input and output) and then bring it back together with the ear cable, run them both into a Y adapter (2 1/8 female to 1 3/32 male) so I can input it into the Recording Controller. I haven't bought my adapters yet but I'm starting to doubt whether the layout of this will work when they get merged back together as the go into the controller and the into the phone. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Just FYI the jack sizes are:
3/32 stereo male from the controller to cell phone
1/8 mono male from the controller to recorder
3/32 stereo female input for the headset
both headset cables are 1/8 stereo male
both input and output on the pedal are 1/4 mono

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements