Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operating system not found

• Please log in to reply

Lindsey.n.amya

Lindsey.n.amya

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a sony vio with vista i hit the middle of the keyboard now when it turns on it says operating system not found my disk drive is broke so i can not insert any disks...?

Advertisements

PhoenixMightier

PhoenixMightier

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it a desktop or laptop? Odds are your HDD had gone bad. Your PC might have a diagnostic utility built into the boot-up. When you first start the PC, the bottom of the screen may have several key selections. Your looking for one saying diagnostic utility or something of the sort. *NOTE: You may have to select "<key> to interupt normal startup" before you see these prompts. If you can get into the diagnostic utility, that should have a hard drive test built in. That will at least give you an idea. Let me know what you find.