Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bypass keyloggers

• Please log in to reply

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi geeks,
Actually I have heard that by getting a password manager (like roboform) you can bypass a keylogger.
But I think that it's not safe to have the password manager on the PC itself(because in case if the guy has access to the PC he can crack the password manager and get the passwords) ,instead of that we can have it on a USB drive and run it from there. Is that possible?
Thank you.

Edited by greenwarrior, 17 January 2012 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Greenwarrior,

I'm directing you to the malware forum. We will not offer help in bypassing a keylogger, but we'd be happy to help you uninstall a keylogger. I suggest you follow those directions and post the necessary logs in the malware forum so you can get assistance in determing if there is a keylogger present. If you're concerned that you're being hacked, we can also assist you in making your PC more secure.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Greenwarrior,

You have asked the identical question at What the Tech forums. You also asked your previous question about installing the recovery console there. Asking the same question at multiple forums wastes the time of everyone helping you, and it causes problems because you may be given conflicting advice and steps to try. Please respect the time of all of our volunteers and limit your questions to one forum at a time.

Jessicabrown

Jessicabrown

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Is it helpful?

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi sari,
I didnt mean to say that i wanted to bypass keyloggers. I am just asking for countermeasures for keyloggers as specified here in the wikpedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keylogger
So I am just asking how to be safe from keyloggers in case if we have them on a PC. Being safe is better than regretting after the loss of information.
Hope you understood.
Thank you.

Edited by greenwarrior, 18 January 2012 - 03:11 AM.