Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My excel and word files wont open

• Please log in to reply

bluecrab

bluecrab

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Dear Friends,

I have several word and excel files that I cannot pen them at all. I have tried dozens of software and different computers running various different processors and different versions of Microsoft office. It has been almost a week that I had no luck.

I originally received these files from a flash memory and before I took them a person who run COMBO fix on them. The files looks fine I mean their size are all right. But when I try to open them I receive a constant error message. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I have tried to attach example files that I had problem with but the it wasn't possible.....

Thanks in advance....

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Might be a silly question but do you actually have Word and Excel on the computer? What are you trying to load these files into?

hollymorse

hollymorse

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Are you sure your files are not been destroyed by the flash memory? I used to have a flash memory, any file i copy into it, can't open, shows error. Why don't you let your friend send these files to you instead of using flash memory, to see what happens.
If the files are ok, maybe your Microsoft Office has some problem. Try to open them with Open Office or Kingsoft Office, those are much smaller, but good and free alternatives.