Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Print

• Please log in to reply

debodun

debodun

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Computer - HP 5700, Windows 7 OS - 64 bit, 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 processor, 3 MB RAM.
Printer - HP Laserjet 4

Device manager shows this printer set as the default. Also tried with both USB and LPT cables to printer, but neither worked. Also attached is a screenshot of print processor with current settings.

Any ideas what's wrong now or how to rectify the problem? Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Devices.jpg
  • print processor.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts
debodun

This is the fifth topic that you have started concerning this computer and though you have not received a reply to each of them I did reply @ http://www.geekstogo...69#entry2108069 you did not however see fit to reply but start yet another topic, answering the questions that I previously asked may explain all of your issues.

Q. Have you checked that your computer is even Windows 7 compatible ?
There are no drivers for Windows 7 at the HP download centre http://h20000.www2.h...eriesId=3249645

Check your computers capability @ http://windows.micro.../upgradeadvisor

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Sorry about that. It's just that I have a few problems understanding the new OS. I was able to finally get the printer to work by first connecting the USB, THEN turning on the computer. Thanks for your help, though, so far.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts

Sorry about that. It's just that I have a few problems understanding the new OS. I was able to finally get the printer to work by first connecting the USB, THEN turning on the computer. Thanks for your help, though, so far.

You would have been better to stick with the one topic that I replied to, I am more than happy to help you with as many problems as you may encounter but one at a time and at a single topic.

What was the result of the Windows 7 adviser?

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
It was just something I tried by myself and stumbled on the solution. Thanks again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts

What was the result of the Windows 7 adviser?

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Here's the scan report:

Attached Thumbnails

• compatibility2.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts
Have you visited the HP website as advised by Windows?
As you can see W7 has not installed all components, visiting the HP site may resolve this and it is possible that some OEM (HPs own) drivers need to be installed.

I am sorry to say this but whoever sold you the PC like this is not very professional :no:

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I did go to the HP Website and looked for the drivers for the Laserjet 4, but when I clicked on the link, it said that the drivers weren't needed. Anyway, it is working, so I am satisfied for now. Thanks a lot for your advice.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts
Ok, thanks for the update :thumbsup: