Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clear all material off computer and download XP again

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you get me a screenshot of it?
It is a simple fix I'm sure as it is the settings part of the browser.

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I sure will if you remind me how to do it. I could look and see if I have it copied down. Better remind me for I have so many different papers here to file away.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When the message pops up do the following.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sharon is this what you are talking about?:

Posted Image
http://blog.httpwatc...vered-securely/

I think this is what the problem is here, changing it to Enable should do the trick:

Settings.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep that is where i was headed Troy. You found the pics I was trying to create. :thumbsup:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You do so much around here mate, thought I could help you out for a little bit so you can take time off to brew another cup of coffee. :thumbsup:

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Ok, now how do I get to that place so I can go get rid of this thing? I actually feel so bad about being such a pest but I have no idea what happened here or how.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
From within Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu > Internet Options. In the new window that opens, select the Security tab (up the top). Then hit the button called "Custom Level" and it will open to the window my picture shows above. You'll have to scroll down until you find the option I have highlighted in red.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Troy. With my Diabetes going stupid this month I am not going as fast as I would like. I really do appreciate the assistance. :thumbsup:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Well work is a bit quiet today. Just waiting for a CHKDSK /R to finish on a computer before I can deliver it... you know how long those can take!

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Hey guys, I found what you have circled for me but I cannot read what it says and I really don't want to do anything dumb. Could you please tell me which one is circled?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Hi again, I can not read what is circled. I really don't want to make another stupid mistake. Just wanted to tell you Dick and I were talking about this computer and all the trouble I have had with it. May have to invest in a new one sooner or later and I do have a question. With having two card shops on my computer and I use alot of room when writing so how much GB do you recommend I get? I really would like to go to different web pages and install music on my computer. I have many pictures of grandchildren I want to be able to put on here. I do trust your opinion and to go to a store and have someone who wants to sell you a computer tell you, you may not get what you want. Get to feeling better. God bless you. Really think this should take care of everything. I do love the way this machine is running. Thank you for that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you click on the picture it will increase in size so you can read it. Then just scroll to the right and down and you will find the Close button under the picture.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
All right, that was easy enough. Thank you so much I shall go take care of that. Maybe this will take care of all the bugs now.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

With having two card shops on my computer and I use alot of room when writing so how much GB do you recommend I get? I really would like to go to different web pages and install music on my computer. I have many pictures of grandchildren I want to be able to put on here. I do trust your opinion and to go to a store and have someone who wants to sell you a computer tell you, you may not get what you want.

Hi Sharon,

Do you know how much space (GB) your current computer has? In most cases computers will generally have enough space to store all that you are asking, pictures can take up a bit of space but in almost all cases I see in my workshop the customer might have a lot of pictures and still have heaps of free space on the drive.

Generally when it comes to music the best way is to either copy it from a CD you already own (called "ripping"), this is like making a backup of your music from CD to computer. The other way is to purchase it from a legit website - Apple's iTunes Store is a popular example. There are lots of websites around offering "free" music downloads however I strongly advise against them for two reasons. 1) Music isn't free, it took time and effort on behalf of musicians, engineers, record companies, etc... and they deserve to be compensated for their efforts 2) Free downloads often come accompanied by unwanted software and viruses, which I believe has already been dealt with on your computer in this thread so you won't want to go there again!

Lastly, I hear you when it comes to sales people trying to sell you something you don't need. My personal recommendation is to ask for advice right here at Geeks to Go. Give us your intended uses of the computer and a desired budget, and we can hunt down some deals on computers that would match your needs.

Also another option would be to go to a local computer store where they can custom build one to your needs. You'll be able to tell when you are talking to them whether they genuinely want to help or are just trying to sell extra stuff! Then you could bring that information back here and present to us for further discussion and tips!

In the mean time, how is your computer running now? Have we sorted out all the nigglies?

Troy