Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech Webcam Software Won't Install. Help?

• Please log in to reply

Country_Boy_Coder

Country_Boy_Coder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, I'm new here. It's my first day and first post, so be nice please. After reading some of this http://www.geekstogo...wont-uninstall/ and also referencing a link shared in that post, I've concluded that I don't want any part of the existing topics related to my problem. So I'm requesting this doesn't get deleted, moved, nixed, ect....

That being said, let's go: I have windows vista 32 bit. My pc is 250gb and 2gb (yes it's c##p).

I am having the same problems as the person who posted in the topic I gave a link to. I don't have a clue how to begin figuring out the problem. I haven't done anything as far as steps are concerned because I'm just not that pc literate yet.

Much like in the post of the link I gave above, when I click on uninstall I get a white dialogue box that appears momentarily, and then disappears. It has some text on it, but not all of it. You can tell there should be more, and that it likely has prompts to get the uninstall to continue. Sadly, long before that box will go ahead and render/load all the way, it just vanishes. If you click uninstall again, it does the exact same thing over and over again. Hopefully that gives a little bit more light on the vanishing box referenced in the post at the link above. It sounds elusive or confusing perhaps because it doesn't make sense, but essentially that's all there is to it. Everything would work just fine would it not be for the very first box that appears disappears on you. I'm sure it has a button to continue, but It's something that never displays before the box vanishes.

I'm pretty certain I've been incomplete here in detail or required info, so let me know what I need to do to make it complete and get a fix.

Thanks

CBC

Edited by rshaffer61, 22 January 2012 - 12:23 PM.
Edited language

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Country_ Boy _Coder

Welcome to GeekstoGo

1. You have no need to worry, we do not delete, alter or move anything except when there are special reasons. such as a person posting the same problem in different forums.

2. Please start here
http://www.logitech....are&isSupport=1

and also please tell me the make and full model of the computer if branded ie Dell Inspiron etc. AND the model of the webcam.

YOU may find that it the solution lies in INSTALLING the software and THEN uninstalling.
It is possible that the installation is damaged in some way and that is WHY it will NOT uninstall.

Country_Boy_Coder

Country_Boy_Coder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I decided to go ahead and try over writing the installation with a new install last night. This solution did work, and I was able to get the software deleted. It was very buggy and slow, so hopefully the same error that caused the software to not delete was the reason for the sluggishness. I've not gotten a chance to re-install it yet, but I'm about to here in a few. Thanks for the reply, and hopefully all works well this time around.

Randy