AVG vsSecurity Essentials [Closed]
Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:52 PM
Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:12 AM
My nick is maliprog and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
Please read carefully and follow these steps.
Download TDSSKiller.zip from Kaspersky and save it to your Desktop.
- Extract the zip file to its own folder.
- Double click TDSSKiller.exe to run the program (Run as Administrator for Vista/Windows 7).
- Click Start scan to start scanning.
- If infection is detected, the default setting for "action" should be Cure
- (If suspicious file is detected please click on it and change it to Skip).
- Click Continue button
- It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
- If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
- If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
Download and Install Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop *
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now
Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
- Click the "Scan" button to start scan
- On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post aswMBR.txt in your next reply
- Also, ZIP MBR.dat it creates and attach it to your next reply
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- TDSSKiller log
- Combofix log
- aswMBR log
Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:35 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users