Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Tools Firewall Plus is slowing down my Web pages

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I haven't had any trouble in the past with any of the programs I am running. Avast + PC Tools Firewall Plus + Manual scan of MBAM + Manual SAS + CCleaner + Spyware Blaster in the background. But now it takes forever to go to a web page. I turned off the firewall for a few seconds and pages loaded quickly. I think I need to reinstall the firewall. But if I do, should I shut down the Windows Firewall first? That would leave me vulnerable wouldn't it?

Sorry, but one more thing not related to the firewall. When I post, there is a stupid looking cloud in front of my post, and no one else has one. Can anyone tell me what that means and how do I get the regular paper and pencil icon?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I think I need to reinstall the firewall. But if I do, should I shut down the Windows Firewall first? That would leave me vulnerable wouldn't it?

Are you saying you normally have both firewalls running? Not a good idea. Having two does not give you double coverage - it typically causes conflicts. Note Windows Firewall is an excellent, fully capable firewall. I would recommend uninstalling any aftermarket firewall you have and running with just Windows Firewall.

As far as the cloud, I don't see it or know what you mean. Can you post a screen shot?