Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble removing office software

• Please log in to reply

Nadrii

Nadrii

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I had microsoft word, excel and powerpoint 2010 installed on my computer up until a little while back. I'm not sure what happened that I decided to remove them but I did. I'm having an issue, though. I would like to reinstall this software. I've attempted it a few times but it won't allow me to do so and I believe the problem lies in the previously installed versions not being completely removed. They still show up in my add/remove programs list but when I attempt to uninstall/change I get an error that reads:

Posted Image

I've attempted the fixit software that microsoft provides to completely remove office suites but since these programs were installed individually I don't believe they'll work (I've tried). They seem to get through the wizard and tell me the problem should be resolved but, alas, I still can't remove the item from the add/remove programs list.

As stated earlier I'd like to completely remove any remnants of these programs on my computer so I can reinstall this software as it's necessary for my school work. I appreciate any help.

Advertisements

Wepynx-old

Wepynx-old

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
http://www.revouninstaller.com/