Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen: STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, etc

• Please log in to reply

stampman1313

stampman1313

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Computer had no problems before the power supply went out. Installled new power supply
start up computer, makes noises and disk spins, so seems that components are functioning.
Windows wont open and have to go thru start up. Do the f8 to try and start in safe mode and it still goes to the same blue screen, launched start up repair and still goes to blue screen with the technical information in topic line
The last time it started but the program just keeps on with a monitor bar with Microsoft Corporation. Restarted again with f8 and still ends up with the blue screen

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi stampman1313 ... :wave: ..:welcome:

couple of things...is the new PSU equal to or greater wattage as the old one...
did you get all the connectors connected and to the right places

also what is the rest of the error message say...
you can take a picture of it and attach it to your reply if you prefer...

AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
  • MVP
If you require help with a BSOD you should do the following...

1. Locate your Minidumps folder:
  • This is usually placed in %SystemRoot%\Minidump\ (commonly C:\Windows\Minidump). Navigate to that location and copy all of the files over into a folder on your desktop and preferrably compress them into an archive before uploading to a file host.
2. Provide your crash dumps in the next post with the download link to the .dmp files
  • I will review/debug the crash dump to more accurately verify the cause of this BSOD.
  • Note: Further instructions will be given after I have reviewed the crash dump, be patient, and don't do ANYTHING while i'm in the review process as solving BSOD's requires patience, and a logical order of operations. If you do anything that I have not asked you to do, you are only puting your own system at risk, because now you're just on your own doing trial and error.

jboscoe

jboscoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a new user of this forum so forgive me if i have overlooked some details. I have a gateway DX series with Vista installed. My bsod error codes is: stop: 0xc0000007b(0xfffff98000a069eo,0xffffffffc0000034,0x000000000000000.0x0000000000000000). If you have a chace to review this error please let me know. The owner took it to bestbuy and got this error after they have installed a malware ptogram which the owner didnt tell me the name of. Thanks in advance from Joe [email protected]

AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
  • MVP

I am a new user of this forum so forgive me if i have overlooked some details. I have a gateway DX series with Vista installed. My bsod error codes is: stop: 0xc0000007b(0xfffff98000a069eo,0xffffffffc0000034,0x000000000000000.0x0000000000000000). If you have a chace to review this error please let me know. The owner took it to bestbuy and got this error after they have installed a malware ptogram which the owner didnt tell me the name of. Thanks in advance from Joe [email protected]

You should be posting the crash dump in a new thread of your own however, and I also wouldn't advise posting around your personal contact information out in public like that.

Make a thread with your issue and make sure to upload the crash dump so someone can help you out. That error can mean virtually anything, it depends on your system, and it's much easier to determine a cause when you provide us with the crash dump to analyze.

Cheers :)