Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

service pack 1a problem

• Please log in to reply

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
i just did a system recovery and cannot get the service pack installed ..sp1a won't install cause of an error server is not responding i need sp1a to install so i can jump right to sp3 cause sp2 won't install either cause it keeps saying it needs to close can anybody help me out cause my computer is no good without the service packs cause i can't do any updates i have win xp on an hp 752n desktop if someone knows how to do things remootely i'm ok with that

Edited by DOUGLASS3020, 29 January 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you trying to get the SP1 straight from Microsoft or another site?

DOUGLASS3020

DOUGLASS3020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
from microsoft updates you know when you try to go to updates and it takes you to a site that says you might not be able to download updates without the service packs installed,well that is where i got them from.i followed there instructions

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this HERE

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The link that rshaffer61 gave you eventually leads you here: Windows XP Service Pack 1a Express Install (32-Bit) for End Users

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
DOUGLASS3020

Would you please see my reply on your thread here.
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/313869-shortcuts/page__view__findpost__p__2116382__fromsearch__1

It appears, but please correct me if I am wrong, that you have this matter here on "system recovery and installation of Service Pack, but you have also opened a new topic on "shortcuts".
Is this the SAME computer please.